Well done. How many times do you still need to go this week to meet your commitment of 3 times per week?Sandra wrote:Just back from swimming, enjoyed it when I got there but struggle to go.
POL Fat Club
- Pal of Porty
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
- Location: Old Folks Home
- Contact:
5th spinning class completed. You would scarcely believe that the quality of the instructor would make a difference when all you are doing is sitting on a bike for 45 mins, it does. If this guy tonight even has PE O Grade I would be staggered. He was of the school of pain, if he has really hurt you then it must be good. More than 40% of the class was spent doing "double time", it simply can't be done. Sprints that last for 4 - 5 minutes!! Aye right. "lets have 110%!"...oh feckoff you tube. And the final straw...... the teasing countdown to the end of the uphill sprint...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2 and 3/4, 2 and 1/2, 2 and 1/4 ..... he actually did 1 then 15/16ths!!!!
I felt like punching his pus in.
I really should have told him but don't think he is going to listen to an old fat boy.
On the bright side it another one down and now Im having a bit lemon cake.
I really should have told him but don't think he is going to listen to an old fat boy.
On the bright side it another one down and now Im having a bit lemon cake.
- Pal of Porty
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
- Location: Old Folks Home
- Contact:
I would rather be an old fat boy (which is just as well really cos I am) than a moron who runs a class like that. That sort of trainer went out in the 70's even though it wasn't even in then!Porty wrote:I really should have told him but don't think he is going to listen to an old fat boy.
Justice delayed is justice denied.
Are you thinking of whom i'm thinking of?Pal of Porty wrote:I would rather be an old fat boy (which is just as well really cos I am) than a moron who runs a class like that. That sort of trainer went out in the 70's even though it wasn't even in then!Porty wrote:I really should have told him but don't think he is going to listen to an old fat boy.
- Pal of Porty
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
- Location: Old Folks Home
- Contact:
Spinning class completed, only half an hour this time but the toughest yet, The instructor was spot on, its the third time Ive been in his class. The only flaw?
On all 3 occasions he does this thing at the end of the class where he makes you imagine that you are a team (Totally pointless as its a personal challenge) He then says that you are lying 4th in the Olympics and you have to try really hard to get Gold. You catch up with the 3rd team and overtake, then the second but you can't quite overtake them for ages, until finally: just as the music ends you pip them at the post and take Gold.
The guy was really pleased with his class and i don't blame him but i could not resist going up at the end, putting on an eager, excited disposition and saying "That was brilliant, do you think we will win the Gold again next week?" Hopefully he will see the funny side...
On all 3 occasions he does this thing at the end of the class where he makes you imagine that you are a team (Totally pointless as its a personal challenge) He then says that you are lying 4th in the Olympics and you have to try really hard to get Gold. You catch up with the 3rd team and overtake, then the second but you can't quite overtake them for ages, until finally: just as the music ends you pip them at the post and take Gold.
The guy was really pleased with his class and i don't blame him but i could not resist going up at the end, putting on an eager, excited disposition and saying "That was brilliant, do you think we will win the Gold again next week?" Hopefully he will see the funny side...
2 things about this puzzle me;Porty wrote: He then says that you are lying 4th in the Olympics and you have to try really hard to get Gold. You catch up with the 3rd team and overtake, then the second but you can't quite overtake them for ages, until finally: just as the music ends you pip them at the post and take Gold..
Firstly that there were so many people out there willing to forgo the Friday lunchtime pint for a spinning class
and secondly, surely if you overtake the team that is in second place you still have the team that's lying in first place to beat before you get the gold medal?
www.porty.org.uk
Thats what I said and he told me that 2 teams were neck and neck. Personally, i think he was making it up. Anyway, we've all been called in for a gender drug test.Marya wrote:2 things about this puzzle me;Porty wrote: He then says that you are lying 4th in the Olympics and you have to try really hard to get Gold. You catch up with the 3rd team and overtake, then the second but you can't quite overtake them for ages, until finally: just as the music ends you pip them at the post and take Gold..
Firstly that there were so many people out there willing to forgo the Friday lunchtime pint for a spinning class![]()
and secondly, surely if you overtake the team that is in second place you still have the team that's lying in first place to beat before you get the gold medal?
- Pal of Porty
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
- Location: Old Folks Home
- Contact:
- Beach Babe
- Posts: 275
- Joined: 09 Jan 2004, 22:59
- Location: Portobello
Aha - a possible spladoosh awaits then.Beach Babe wrote:ecm - the bodypump class on a Friday at the kings Manor is the best imho
*completely ignoring the fact that I haven't been to any classes for weeks*
I've never tried the Friday class. I usually try to do my punishments at the beginning of the week so that's a Disco Diva
Fridays are usually spent houseworking, homeworking with D and vegging out on the sofa at some point in the evening. Like now!
Mrs Porty, who knows her stuff when it comes to PE, is absolutely delighted with the Powerstretch class at KM. She has been trying to get me to go but I have not been able to touch my toes since I was about 5 so I don't fancy it much.
Completed 7th spinning class today and I would say that this was my first reward. it still hurt, but Alan, the best spinning coach at Living Well conducted a superb class, it flew by. May have a beer tonight to redress the balance.
Completed 7th spinning class today and I would say that this was my first reward. it still hurt, but Alan, the best spinning coach at Living Well conducted a superb class, it flew by. May have a beer tonight to redress the balance.
- Beach Babe
- Posts: 275
- Joined: 09 Jan 2004, 22:59
- Location: Portobello
ooooohh ecm I must have seen you at Disco Divas then although I haven't managed to get there since I went back to work in December - it now clashes with Neo-Dada's bedtime. And since my back fell apart at the end of my pregnancy, I haven't really been going to BodyPump either
Porty - power stretch is excellent at the KM. And I'm another person who has never ever been able to touch their toes lol
Porty - power stretch is excellent at the KM. And I'm another person who has never ever been able to touch their toes lol
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship
Mmmm....hadn't you got the beers in already last night as an advance on today's efforts?Porty wrote: Completed 7th spinning class today and I would say that this was my first reward. it still hurt, but Alan, the best spinning coach at Living Well conducted a superb class, it flew by. May have a beer tonight to redress the balance.
www.porty.org.uk
Just drawing a conclusion from this post of yoursPorty wrote:Do you think men are all the same?Marya wrote:Mmmm....hadn't you got the beers in already last night as an advance on today's efforts?
Of course, maybe I leaped to totally the wrong conclusion and you were on Pernod instead..............This subject came up in the Ormelie last night and it brought about a bit of a heated debate.
Anyway, I know you're different from most men Porty- you wear pink shirts.
www.porty.org.uk
Just back from the first of four classes for this week.
Tonight I was a "Disco Diva" for 45 minutes.
Most of us spent the time stumbling and staggering around like demented cattle with me being worst offender. I did break sweat, however, so it must have been better for me than just coming home and flopping down on the sofa.
Oh, to be co-ordinated.

Tonight I was a "Disco Diva" for 45 minutes.
Most of us spent the time stumbling and staggering around like demented cattle with me being worst offender. I did break sweat, however, so it must have been better for me than just coming home and flopping down on the sofa.
Oh, to be co-ordinated.
- Pal of Porty
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
- Location: Old Folks Home
- Contact:
I too had a 45 minute session at the gym but it's hard to do disco on an exercise bike. I managed to go 5 times last week so I think I am past the hardest part - getting there in the first place! 
BTW Livingwell was mobbed with all the "New Year Resolutioners", at one point there was not one single piece of cardio equipment free! Roll on mid Feb - they have usually given in by then.
BTW Livingwell was mobbed with all the "New Year Resolutioners", at one point there was not one single piece of cardio equipment free! Roll on mid Feb - they have usually given in by then.
Justice delayed is justice denied.
- Pal of Porty
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
- Location: Old Folks Home
- Contact:
So, I waited, it would have been with bated breath but I was totally paggered. I thought; surely after my comments last week we wont be going for Gold again this week...........Porty wrote:On all 3 occasions he does this thing at the end of the class where he makes you imagine that you are a team (Totally pointless as its a personal challenge) He then says that you are lying 4th in the Olympics and you have to try really hard to get Gold. You catch up with the 3rd team and overtake, then the second but you can't quite overtake them for ages, until finally: just as the music ends you pip them at the post and take Gold.![]()
The guy was really pleased with his class and i don't blame him but i could not resist going up at the end, putting on an eager, excited disposition and saying "That was brilliant, do you think we will win the Gold again next week?" Hopefully he will see the funny side...
Sadly, i was mistaken. He urged us us to "Thnk about the Race".... "Think about the Gold Medal" (he is fu****g serious)
Anyway we won the Gold again. I didn't want to say anything but we only won because i saw a stronger team drop out when one of their riders wheels clipped another and they had a tumble.
Quiite frankly I am miffed at my fellow POL members, I win a Gold Medal every week and not a single bit of congratulation comes my way. Chris Hoy got a whole thread.
