miscast Tom Hanks - the poll!

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"
Post Reply

best Hanks miscast suggestion : (film / role)

Pride & Prejudice / Darcy (Olivier version)
0
No votes
Spartacus / Spartacus
0
No votes
Serenity / Jayne Cobb
2
15%
Raging Bull / Jake La Motta
1
8%
Funny Girl / Fanny Bryce
1
8%
Vera Drake / Vera Drake
1
8%
Last Tango In Paris / Jeanne
2
15%
Die Hard / John McLean
0
No votes
St Trinians / Miss Fritton
3
23%
Withnail & I / the uncle
0
No votes
Aliens / Ripley
2
15%
Shrek / Shrek
0
No votes
Terminator / Terminator
1
8%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
Dadaist
Posts: 6159
Joined: 05 Jul 2004, 19:42
Location: on the fringes of Portobello

miscast Tom Hanks - the poll!

Post by Dadaist » 18 Jul 2007, 21:09

Please re-cast your original votes here if you can stop laughing long enough

I guffed the original poll and forgot to include suggested entries of Tom Hanks as Teminator (Bearcub) and Tom Hanks as Shrek (Arachnid).

The BBC would like to apologise for this error. Everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes under the pressure of live quiz preparation, you know, who's gonna notice anyway sort of excuse. I'll make something up as I go along and edit this bit later - just make sure I don't publish this bit.

If you have already voted and can't be bothered voting again, please take it out on me and not ecm. If she doesn't get back up to 4 votes for Fritton then she is going to make a purse out of my

anyone and their dog can vote in this one

User avatar
Poppy
Posts: 3483
Joined: 08 Feb 2004, 12:02

Post by Poppy » 18 Jul 2007, 21:19

I voted for Serenity this time (instead of for my own!) as I haven't ever heard of it!! :P

User avatar
Dadaist
Posts: 6159
Joined: 05 Jul 2004, 19:42
Location: on the fringes of Portobello

Post by Dadaist » 18 Jul 2007, 21:20

Poppy wrote:I voted for Serenity this time (instead of for my own!) as I haven't ever heard of it!! :P
I admire your attitude.

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 18 Jul 2007, 21:29

What happened to Oliver and Nancy?

User avatar
Dadaist
Posts: 6159
Joined: 05 Jul 2004, 19:42
Location: on the fringes of Portobello

Post by Dadaist » 18 Jul 2007, 21:33

Porty wrote:What happened to Oliver and Nancy?
As far as I know, they lived happily ever after.

User avatar
bearcub
Posts: 1057
Joined: 19 Mar 2004, 22:51
Location: Marlborough Street

Re: miscast Tom Hanks - the poll!

Post by bearcub » 18 Jul 2007, 21:44

Dadaist wrote:The BBC would like to apologise for this error. Everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes under the pressure of live quiz preparation, you know, who's gonna notice anyway sort of excuse. I'll make something up as I go along and edit this bit later - just make sure I don't publish this bit.
One was not amused. :wink:

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Re: miscast Tom Hanks - the poll!

Post by ecm » 18 Jul 2007, 21:54

Dadaist wrote: If you have already voted and can't be bothered voting again, please take it out on me and not ecm.
No worries. I'm enjoying the mayhem and muddle tremendously.

Carry on!

Tom's great, isn't he. Nearly as good as Kevin Costner but not quite.

User avatar
Poppy
Posts: 3483
Joined: 08 Feb 2004, 12:02

Re: miscast Tom Hanks - the poll!

Post by Poppy » 18 Jul 2007, 22:56

ecm wrote: I'm enjoying the mayhem and muddle tremendously.
Aww, are you missing the office, pet?? :twisted:

User avatar
SoupDragon
Posts: 2201
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02

Post by SoupDragon » 18 Jul 2007, 23:47

Serenity is the film they made after the programme Firefly was cancelled ( grave error by US network I think) based on idea by Joss Whedon of Buffy/ Angel fame
Think wild west with space ships
Got the dvds if you want to borrow

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 19 Jul 2007, 21:24

Dadaist wrote:
Porty wrote:What happened to Oliver and Nancy?
As far as I know, they lived happily ever after.
No they didn't! Nancy got her head caved in by Bill and then Oliver took Bullseye to the Dogs Home - or did Bill cave in Bullseye's head and Nancy took Oliver to the home? Anyway it didn't have a happy ending. I've voted for Miss Fritton - again.

Oh no, I've just remembered the Vera Drake film and I want to change my vote. Can I vote twice?
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
Nelson Hatstand
Posts: 359
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 11:14
Location: Marlborough Street

Post by Nelson Hatstand » 19 Jul 2007, 22:07

Come on people! Vote for Hanks as Jeanne in Last Tango In Paris! Together we can make this happen!

Post Reply