Anita Roddick

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"
Post Reply
User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Anita Roddick

Post by Maria » 11 Sep 2007, 11:30

Just been reading all the tributes to her. The Body Shop was very much a part of my student days. I remember loving a walnut extract after sun which actually made me look as if I had tanned a wee bit (an early St Tropez!). Then when I started teacher training all the 4th year girls smelt of Dewberry. Somewhere down the line, however, I stopped shopping there though I still have a nostalgic pang whenever I see the Body Shop label.

Anita was laudably an early backer of the Fairtrade concept, though she certainly made a buck or two out of it herself.

Black Mamba
Posts: 781
Joined: 12 Sep 2006, 22:06

Post by Black Mamba » 11 Sep 2007, 15:53

I used to buy stuff from the Body shop as well and like you it seemed to slowly fizzle out unnoticable. Whenever I pass an outlet and get a whiff of aromatherapy oils I too get a bit nostagic. :)

User avatar
Puerto bella
Posts: 762
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 22:19
Location: Planet Zog

Post by Puerto bella » 11 Sep 2007, 19:55

I know what you mean, I was in the one a Ocean T a few weeks ago, for the first time in years and treated myself to some lovely peppermint foot lotion and mango shower gel, forgot how good the stuff is.

Post Reply