Overseas call centres

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"
Post Reply
User avatar
Scorpion
Posts: 208
Joined: 21 Jan 2006, 22:40

Overseas call centres

Post by Scorpion » 26 Sep 2007, 19:47

Don't you just hate overseas call centres. My modem/router that I bought at the beginning of January is broken :( I've just spent an hour on the phone with someone talking from a script. You know what I mean....plug in the power supply then try to reset it etc. I've lost count of how many times I told him that when you plug it in, the green lights come on briefly then go off..........it's dead. Finally he gave me an RMA number so now I can send it back and get a replacement.

Also I've just had to buy a new tumble drier :( It doesn't owe us anything and it still worked. However, the door hinge broke and I doubt whether I'll be able to get a replacement. Not to mention the fact that I am still trying to get my son's scooter fixed. He's not been able to use it since July :(

Oh, and one more thing. My son's 8 month old PC has been acting very strangely for some time now. I've now persuaded him to bite the bullet, back up all his data and re-install the factory settings :(
Andy Knight

Fear knocks at the door, knowledge answers and finds nothing.

User avatar
Sandra
Posts: 3376
Joined: 17 Nov 2003, 16:50
Location: Portobello

Post by Sandra » 26 Sep 2007, 20:11

Totally!

My mum was buying flowers for a bereavement from M&S and the Indian Lady asked if she wanted chocolates and champagne to go with them :roll:

I avoid where possible.

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 27 Sep 2007, 10:42

A few weeks ago we were driving back from Oban and stopped for an elderly man, who had broken down while towing a caravan. He was quite distressed as he had been trying to flag down passing vehicles for some time, but no one had stopped. He explained that he was an RAC member, but couldn't get a mobile signal. Fortunately, my husband's phone worked and the man's daughter used it to phone the RAC call centre. They had been using sat nav and she gave an exact account of the road number and where they had broken down. The man on the other end began by asking which country the A85 was in - not a good start! He then failed to locate it on any map - the only road he kept suggesting was the A9 across the other side of the country! Eventually he rang our mobile back and used satellite to pinpoint our location. The whole process took about 20 mins.

I strongly suspect that the call centre was located overseas.

User avatar
Robin!
Posts: 428
Joined: 22 Nov 2004, 21:56
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Robin! » 30 Sep 2007, 19:26

I'll do my best to avoid companies that have overseas call centres. There robbing our nation out of jobs to save a bit of money.
Visit me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Robinho08
Visit Porty on Bebo: http://www.bebo.com/portobellopunters
Sponsor me:
http://www.justgiving.com/robinho08

Post Reply