Postal strike
Postal strike
I have ordered some travellers checques for Friday. Does anyone know if the strike will affect services other than postal deliveries? Will the post offices still be open?
Andy Knight
Fear knocks at the door, knowledge answers and finds nothing.
Fear knocks at the door, knowledge answers and finds nothing.
No guarantees, Scorpion, but my understanding is that it's the Royal Mail that's on strike (i.e. the delivery service).
Post Offices are different, I think - "Post Office Counters". It's all very complicated - bring back the GPO!!
Edited for grammar/missing verb!
Post Offices are different, I think - "Post Office Counters". It's all very complicated - bring back the GPO!!
Edited for grammar/missing verb!
Last edited by Poppy on 03 Oct 2007, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
This from the Royal Mail Group website FAQs re the strike:
"Customers who receive benefit cheques form the DWP?
The DWP are planning to courier Jobcentre Plus, The Pension Service, Disability and Carers Service and Child Support Agency customers’ cheques to the Post Office nearest to the usual delivery address, for collection on the usual delivery day."
One can infer therefore that the Post Offices will be open, I reckon.
[Royal Mail Group Ltd is the parent company of Royal Mail, Post Office® and Parcelforce Worldwide. So, it is the GPO just not including telephones!!]
"Customers who receive benefit cheques form the DWP?
The DWP are planning to courier Jobcentre Plus, The Pension Service, Disability and Carers Service and Child Support Agency customers’ cheques to the Post Office nearest to the usual delivery address, for collection on the usual delivery day."
One can infer therefore that the Post Offices will be open, I reckon.
[Royal Mail Group Ltd is the parent company of Royal Mail, Post Office® and Parcelforce Worldwide. So, it is the GPO just not including telephones!!]
- SoupDragon
- Posts: 2201
- Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02