These days I pleasure myself with furtive visits to sites such as the metoffice. Today's forecast map with it's bright red splodge across most of Britain has filled me with delight. I'll be waiting in exquisite anticipation for that first snow flake to fall
Bring it on!
Bring it on!
OK, I've decided to come clean and admit that I'm addicted to weather forecasts - the more severe it is, the better! You can only imagine my ecstasy on my first trip to North America, when I discovered that they had a whole TV channel devoted to the weather and 'the risk of precipitation'.
These days I pleasure myself with furtive visits to sites such as the metoffice. Today's forecast map with it's bright red splodge across most of Britain has filled me with delight. I'll be waiting in exquisite anticipation for that first snow flake to fall
These days I pleasure myself with furtive visits to sites such as the metoffice. Today's forecast map with it's bright red splodge across most of Britain has filled me with delight. I'll be waiting in exquisite anticipation for that first snow flake to fall
- SoupDragon
- Posts: 2201
- Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02
- SoupDragon
- Posts: 2201
- Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02
- Bob Jefferson
- Posts: 6212
- Joined: 11 Dec 2004, 21:16
- Location: Planet Porty
- Contact:
I find the weather very boring but one or two people have suggested that we should have a weather forecast on Portobello Online. I feel as enthusiastic about this as I do about suggestions to have a Portobello webcam feed. Nevertheless, it is a community website and if that's what people want...
Marya, would you like to be our Weather Girl? Each evening, after you have studied all the relevant satellite images, charts and whatever, you could present live on Portobelly Telly a forecast for the following day. Would we need a separate forecast for the Joppa area? I have heard that the climate there is much more favourable and that some people even have palm trees.
Do you also listen to the shipping forecast by any chance?
Just trying to work out precisely how bonkers you actually are.
Marya, would you like to be our Weather Girl? Each evening, after you have studied all the relevant satellite images, charts and whatever, you could present live on Portobelly Telly a forecast for the following day. Would we need a separate forecast for the Joppa area? I have heard that the climate there is much more favourable and that some people even have palm trees.
Do you also listen to the shipping forecast by any chance?
Just trying to work out precisely how bonkers you actually are.
Oooo....I could always call my old school pal and room mate Carol Kirkwood for lessons.
And, yes, I am partial to a bit of 'Sailing By' How did you know?
And, yes, I am partial to a bit of 'Sailing By' How did you know?
- Bob Jefferson
- Posts: 6212
- Joined: 11 Dec 2004, 21:16
- Location: Planet Porty
- Contact:
- Bob Jefferson
- Posts: 6212
- Joined: 11 Dec 2004, 21:16
- Location: Planet Porty
- Contact:
You wouldn't be able to afford me Bob. Homer says he can't afford me eitherBob Jefferson wrote:I usually pay extra for that.
Who's Carol? Who's Carol?! Do you never watch morning tele Pops?Poppy wrote: Who's Carol kirkwood?
Carol is the BBC's award winning weather girl.
- Bob Jefferson
- Posts: 6212
- Joined: 11 Dec 2004, 21:16
- Location: Planet Porty
- Contact:
- SoupDragon
- Posts: 2201
- Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02
Not a flake in Portobello but Midlothian was very picturesque this morning.
Dont think anyone stuck on the bypass was impressed though.
When trying to get out to Jewel and Esk college Clanger 1 phoned to say she'd be late due to the tailbacks, only to be told the lecturer and half the class were also stuck in traffic.
I had wandered out this am with my crocs on my feet, luckily I had a pair of Docs to hand as the Tesco car park at Hardengreen was up to my ankles in snow.
The Sherrif Hall roundabout was clear coming back but I could see the solid tailbacks along the bypass.
No bunnies were out either
Dont think anyone stuck on the bypass was impressed though.
When trying to get out to Jewel and Esk college Clanger 1 phoned to say she'd be late due to the tailbacks, only to be told the lecturer and half the class were also stuck in traffic.
I had wandered out this am with my crocs on my feet, luckily I had a pair of Docs to hand as the Tesco car park at Hardengreen was up to my ankles in snow.
The Sherrif Hall roundabout was clear coming back but I could see the solid tailbacks along the bypass.
No bunnies were out either
- SoupDragon
- Posts: 2201
- Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02
- SoupDragon
- Posts: 2201
- Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02
- SoupDragon
- Posts: 2201
- Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02