Belly Dancing

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"
Post Reply
CatherineR
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Feb 2008, 17:45

Belly Dancing

Post by CatherineR » 05 Mar 2008, 20:32

Does anyone know if there are any belly dancing classes happening in or around Portobello? I knew there were some at the community centre a while back....?

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 05 Mar 2008, 21:23

Your best bet would have been to ask Bellybabe, but she's not been on here much of late. You could still try dropping her a pm. I'll try to remember your query the next time I see her CatherineR.

ifstar
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Jun 2004, 22:17
Location: Near the police station

Post by ifstar » 06 Mar 2008, 14:04

The lady my wife (and bellybabe) used to go to is Lorna Gow and her website is here

http://www.belly-dancing.info/trainers/ ... ylorna.php

User avatar
wangi
[admin]
Posts: 3442
Joined: 27 May 2004, 10:37
Contact:

Post by wangi » 06 Mar 2008, 14:29

I think http://bellylorna.blogspot.com/ is the up-to-date "blog"

CatherineR
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Feb 2008, 17:45

Thanks!

Post by CatherineR » 07 Mar 2008, 14:19

it's my new years resolution gone awry!

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Post by ecm » 07 Mar 2008, 14:23

A pal at work mentioned the classes down at Fisherrow, if that's near enough for you?

belly dancing

CatherineR
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Feb 2008, 17:45

yey!

Post by CatherineR » 07 Mar 2008, 14:37

Through a combination of google earth and website (thanks ecm) my Thursday nights are now filled with belly dancing! (I officially love talk porty)

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Re: yey!

Post by ecm » 07 Mar 2008, 14:57

CatherineR wrote:Through a combination of google earth and website (thanks ecm) my Thursday nights are now filled with belly dancing! (I officially love talk porty)

Hoorah! Just you make sure you stick to nice traditional styles of dancing and not this new-fangled Goth Belly dance nonsense.

oooer

It seems to involve dancing with knives and cavorting around in bags.

You be careful now, CatherineR.

CatherineR
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Feb 2008, 17:45

Re: yey!

Post by CatherineR » 15 Mar 2008, 19:06

ecm wrote:It seems to involve dancing with knives and cavorting around in bags.
'Is goth bellydancing the new form of knife crime in Britain?!'
I can see the headlines now

Post Reply