"I am devastated"

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"
Post Reply
User avatar
Scoop
Posts: 340
Joined: 02 Dec 2004, 23:16

"I am devastated"

Post by Scoop » 15 Apr 2008, 18:38

...the words from my brother's mouth this evening when talking about the closure of The BBQ chippie. Don't get me wrong, he's no lardy but he reckons the best chippie in Porty has gone. Anybody know why?

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 15 Apr 2008, 20:32

How are we expected to know why your brother thinks the BBQ is the best chippie in Porty? Why not ask him?

I was looking at the building the other day, the BBQ is single storey and I noticed that the tenement which it abutts has no windows on the side of , which means that one hurdle to building another tenement there doesn't exist. Now if whoever own the BBQ also owns the adjacent art shop then it could make an excellent development opportunity; flats with commercial premises on the ground floor? Maybe even a sit-in chippy?

User avatar
SoupDragon
Posts: 2201
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02

Post by SoupDragon » 15 Apr 2008, 22:23

Clanger 2 is also in mouring for the BBQ
His Saturday nights wont be the same without their spicy, chilli pizza.
He reckons the lease was up and the guys were wanting to try running a coffe shop ( I think thats what he sobbed through his tears )

Now I'm sure I mind a rumour a few years ago that the art shop and the BBq were owned by the same person who wanted to knock through and make a sit in but there were problems re toilet/cloakroom provision/ access.
But before you get you lego building blocks out Porty, is there not a flat around the back of the BBQ?

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 15 Apr 2008, 22:30

I don't know about the flat and I'm not interested on the project but i did notice there was an opportunity to build up the way. McColls ( then Farmfoods or Iceland)and The Pop Inn offered a similar opportunity a few years back.

User avatar
SoupDragon
Posts: 2201
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02

Post by SoupDragon » 15 Apr 2008, 22:59

Would car parking not be a problem, apart from my son whining outside the doors looking for napalm pizza ?


(ps you're lucky he's not one of my ginger offspring )

User avatar
Scoop
Posts: 340
Joined: 02 Dec 2004, 23:16

Post by Scoop » 16 Apr 2008, 18:06

Porty wrote:How are we expected to know why your brother thinks the BBQ is the best chippie in Porty? Why not ask him?

was. BBQ RIP

BeachBum
Posts: 749
Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:19

Post by BeachBum » 02 May 2008, 16:22

Public announcement made within the past day or so regarding BBQ chippy.

Re-opening soon.

Under new management.

BeachBum
Posts: 749
Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:19

Post by BeachBum » 12 May 2008, 17:14

BBQ chippy open again I see, new people like.

User avatar
magbagpuss
Posts: 270
Joined: 08 Mar 2004, 21:34
Location: Porty High Street / Heaven !

Post by magbagpuss » 13 May 2008, 19:56

Tried it tonight , lovely people , fab spicy haggis and good chips . That will do !!! :lol:
whatever, am i bovvered

BeachBum
Posts: 749
Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:19

Post by BeachBum » 15 Aug 2008, 19:01

Well thought id try out the new bbq since its under new managment, was a very tasty sausage supper, and the single king rib I had was fab but i was disappointed that they dont serve donner kebabs :? Only thing was that the garlic pizza was really dry and cardboard like..but hey, cant get everything perfect...lol

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 15 Aug 2008, 19:33

Homer assures me that the shish kebab is very tasty.

BeachBum
Posts: 749
Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:19

Post by BeachBum » 15 Aug 2008, 19:34

Marya wrote:Homer assures me that the shish kebab is very tasty.
Will go for that next time instead of a donner kebab :idea: :D :)

Post Reply