boy racers

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"
Post Reply
User avatar
Bob Jefferson
Posts: 6212
Joined: 11 Dec 2004, 21:16
Location: Planet Porty
Contact:

boy racers

Post by Bob Jefferson » 03 Nov 2008, 22:35

Anyone else hear the sound of cars being raced and hand-brake turns? It's not the first time I've heard it recently but I can't work out where it is coming from. It sounds like it's maybe from the direction of Sir Harry Lauder Road but it's difficult to tell.

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 04 Nov 2008, 11:48

Not heard it but I do know that there is an influx of boy racers on scramble bikes doing their best to screw up cavalry and other parks- very brazen about it too.

Eck
Posts: 108
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:37
Location: Edinburgh

Post by Eck » 04 Nov 2008, 12:20

It'll probably be in the Industrial Estate just off of Sir Harry Lauder Road. The Police used to have problems with various RTA offences in there for a while.

Franck
Posts: 332
Joined: 25 Apr 2005, 10:49
Location: The 7th tee

Re: boy racers

Post by Franck » 04 Nov 2008, 13:22

Bob Jefferson wrote:Anyone else hear the sound of cars being raced and hand-brake turns? It's not the first time I've heard it recently but I can't work out where it is coming from. It sounds like it's maybe from the direction of Sir Harry Lauder Road but it's difficult to tell.
It's in the car park of the industrial estate, the one that connects to rosefield park.
My house looks directly onto it and my daughters bedroom looks out into the car park.she's pretty terrified when the idiots come to play.I've called the police a couple of times during the last week, but they keep coming back.
I'm getting pretty fed up with it to be honest, but there's not much else I can do.

BeachBum
Posts: 749
Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 16:19

Re: boy racers

Post by BeachBum » 04 Nov 2008, 13:47

Franck wrote:I've called the police a couple of times during the last week, but they keep coming back.
I'm getting pretty fed up with it to be honest, but there's not much else I can do.
If it was affecting me I would be on the phone to the Community Safety Team at the local housing office. The Housing Officer who deals with that particular area will open a case file and start from there.

They will probably ask you to start completing a anti social behaviour diary sheet which forms part of the evidence. They will also probably seek coroboration (or however you spell it) of the nuisance from your neighbours who may also be affected; and will most likly check with the Police to see what incidents have been logged with them regarding it.

I say probably as each Housing Officer will decide their own path of action.

I would also be calling the night time nuisance noise team if its during the night & stopping you from sleeping etc; and provide them with access into my home to observe and monitor the noise levels coming into your property which will again be fed into the Housing Officers case.

All of that should be enough to get the ball moving.

User avatar
Bob Jefferson
Posts: 6212
Joined: 11 Dec 2004, 21:16
Location: Planet Porty
Contact:

Post by Bob Jefferson » 06 Nov 2008, 21:12

They were in Baileyfield Industrial Estate again tonight. Apparently, my son has been watching them from his bedroom window for the last couple of weeks without bothering to mention it. He doesn't want me to complain to the police because it might spoil his entertainment. :roll:

Seriously Franck, keep phoning the police to complain every time they turn up. If they get enough complaints they will be forced to do something about it.

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 07 Nov 2008, 10:25

Should be even more entertaining, when the High Street traffic is diverted through the Baileyfield estate too.
www.porty.org.uk

rapunzell
Posts: 1173
Joined: 30 Sep 2005, 12:58
Location: by the prom
Contact:

Post by rapunzell » 10 Nov 2008, 01:48

I was thinking of getting one of those strips of cloth with nails sticking up from it to hurl across the path of those coming in to race (not while they're racing) and give them tyres to fix. Could claim it was just a particularly perky hedgehog.

Grunk
Posts: 244
Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 17:40

Post by Grunk » 10 Nov 2008, 13:15

According to the Herald and Post, the police are undertaking a massive crack down on this sort of thing.
So it might be a good time for you to keep badgering them, although you'd think they'd come and sort it out whether or not the down was being cracked.

User avatar
SoupDragon
Posts: 2201
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02

Post by SoupDragon » 11 Nov 2008, 14:41

There's a trail bike with 2 persons on it, no helmets, zoomed along the Prom the now.
Didnt get a good look
Not be long before twits like that cause a nasty accident

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 11 Nov 2008, 16:17

SoupDragon wrote:There's a trail bike with 2 persons on it, no helmets, zoomed along the Prom the now.
Didnt get a good look
Not be long before twits like that cause a nasty accident
Bet those are the same lot from cavalry Park. Are they taking the michael with those trail bikes?

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 11 Nov 2008, 20:42

You will never get to heaven..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
SoupDragon
Posts: 2201
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02

Post by SoupDragon » 12 Nov 2008, 00:36

Why do you say that Epy?
I cant imagine Porty in a trail bike at all.

The nutters were back this evening. without lights

Post Reply