POL Fat Club

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"
Post Reply
User avatar
Pal of Porty
Posts: 2136
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
Location: Old Folks Home
Contact:

Post by Pal of Porty » 12 Jan 2005, 17:13

Sandra wrote:Just back from swimming, enjoyed it when I got there but struggle to go.
Well done. How many times do you still need to go this week to meet your commitment of 3 times per week? :)
Justice delayed is justice denied.

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 12 Jan 2005, 21:15

5th spinning class completed. You would scarcely believe that the quality of the instructor would make a difference when all you are doing is sitting on a bike for 45 mins, it does. If this guy tonight even has PE O Grade I would be staggered. He was of the school of pain, if he has really hurt you then it must be good. More than 40% of the class was spent doing "double time", it simply can't be done. Sprints that last for 4 - 5 minutes!! Aye right. "lets have 110%!"...oh feckoff you tube. And the final straw...... the teasing countdown to the end of the uphill sprint...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2 and 3/4, 2 and 1/2, 2 and 1/4 ..... he actually did 1 then 15/16ths!!!! :evil: I felt like punching his pus in.

I really should have told him but don't think he is going to listen to an old fat boy.

On the bright side it another one down and now Im having a bit lemon cake. :D

User avatar
Pal of Porty
Posts: 2136
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
Location: Old Folks Home
Contact:

Post by Pal of Porty » 12 Jan 2005, 22:52

Porty wrote:I really should have told him but don't think he is going to listen to an old fat boy. :D
I would rather be an old fat boy (which is just as well really cos I am) than a moron who runs a class like that. That sort of trainer went out in the 70's even though it wasn't even in then! :)
Justice delayed is justice denied.

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 13 Jan 2005, 00:01

Pal of Porty wrote:
Porty wrote:I really should have told him but don't think he is going to listen to an old fat boy. :D
I would rather be an old fat boy (which is just as well really cos I am) than a moron who runs a class like that. That sort of trainer went out in the 70's even though it wasn't even in then! :)
Are you thinking of whom i'm thinking of? :wink:

User avatar
Pal of Porty
Posts: 2136
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
Location: Old Folks Home
Contact:

Post by Pal of Porty » 14 Jan 2005, 13:55

Porty wrote:Are you thinking of whom i'm thinking of? :wink:
Yep!
Justice delayed is justice denied.

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 14 Jan 2005, 16:13

Spinning class completed, only half an hour this time but the toughest yet, The instructor was spot on, its the third time Ive been in his class. The only flaw?

On all 3 occasions he does this thing at the end of the class where he makes you imagine that you are a team (Totally pointless as its a personal challenge) He then says that you are lying 4th in the Olympics and you have to try really hard to get Gold. You catch up with the 3rd team and overtake, then the second but you can't quite overtake them for ages, until finally: just as the music ends you pip them at the post and take Gold. :cheers:

The guy was really pleased with his class and i don't blame him but i could not resist going up at the end, putting on an eager, excited disposition and saying "That was brilliant, do you think we will win the Gold again next week?" Hopefully he will see the funny side...

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 14 Jan 2005, 16:21

Porty wrote: He then says that you are lying 4th in the Olympics and you have to try really hard to get Gold. You catch up with the 3rd team and overtake, then the second but you can't quite overtake them for ages, until finally: just as the music ends you pip them at the post and take Gold. :cheers: .
2 things about this puzzle me;
Firstly that there were so many people out there willing to forgo the Friday lunchtime pint for a spinning class :shock:
and secondly, surely if you overtake the team that is in second place you still have the team that's lying in first place to beat before you get the gold medal? :?
www.porty.org.uk

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 14 Jan 2005, 16:43

Marya wrote:
Porty wrote: He then says that you are lying 4th in the Olympics and you have to try really hard to get Gold. You catch up with the 3rd team and overtake, then the second but you can't quite overtake them for ages, until finally: just as the music ends you pip them at the post and take Gold. :cheers: .
2 things about this puzzle me;
Firstly that there were so many people out there willing to forgo the Friday lunchtime pint for a spinning class :shock:
and secondly, surely if you overtake the team that is in second place you still have the team that's lying in first place to beat before you get the gold medal? :?
Thats what I said and he told me that 2 teams were neck and neck. Personally, i think he was making it up. Anyway, we've all been called in for a gender drug test.

User avatar
Sandra
Posts: 3376
Joined: 17 Nov 2003, 16:50
Location: Portobello

Post by Sandra » 14 Jan 2005, 18:28

pop I am slipping already only twice exercising this week :x

User avatar
Pal of Porty
Posts: 2136
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
Location: Old Folks Home
Contact:

Post by Pal of Porty » 14 Jan 2005, 21:08

Sandra wrote:pop I am slipping already only twice exercising this week :x
Be pleased with 2 not sad at not 3. Also the week is not over yet. I know I am definitely going to fit in a quick 45min spot at Livingwell tomorrow! :)
Justice delayed is justice denied.

User avatar
Beach Babe
Posts: 275
Joined: 09 Jan 2004, 22:59
Location: Portobello

Post by Beach Babe » 14 Jan 2005, 21:59

ecm - the bodypump class on a Friday at the kings Manor is the best imho

*completely ignoring the fact that I haven't been to any classes for weeks* :lol:
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Post by ecm » 14 Jan 2005, 22:11

Beach Babe wrote:ecm - the bodypump class on a Friday at the kings Manor is the best imho

*completely ignoring the fact that I haven't been to any classes for weeks* :lol:
Aha - a possible spladoosh awaits then. :lol:

I've never tried the Friday class. I usually try to do my punishments at the beginning of the week so that's a Disco Diva :shock: (in my dreams) on Monday and Body Pumps Tuesday and Wednesday.
Fridays are usually spent houseworking, homeworking with D and vegging out on the sofa at some point in the evening. Like now!
:D

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 15 Jan 2005, 19:34

Mrs Porty, who knows her stuff when it comes to PE, is absolutely delighted with the Powerstretch class at KM. She has been trying to get me to go but I have not been able to touch my toes since I was about 5 so I don't fancy it much.

Completed 7th spinning class today and I would say that this was my first reward. it still hurt, but Alan, the best spinning coach at Living Well conducted a superb class, it flew by. May have a beer tonight to redress the balance.

User avatar
Beach Babe
Posts: 275
Joined: 09 Jan 2004, 22:59
Location: Portobello

Post by Beach Babe » 15 Jan 2005, 21:39

ooooohh ecm I must have seen you at Disco Divas then although I haven't managed to get there since I went back to work in December - it now clashes with Neo-Dada's bedtime. And since my back fell apart at the end of my pregnancy, I haven't really been going to BodyPump either :(

Porty - power stretch is excellent at the KM. And I'm another person who has never ever been able to touch their toes lol
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Post by ecm » 15 Jan 2005, 22:06

Beach Babe wrote:ooooohh ecm I must have seen you at Disco Divas then
Probably, .............I'd be the tall, unco-ordinated one hiding at the back.
:lol:

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 15 Jan 2005, 22:55

Porty wrote: Completed 7th spinning class today and I would say that this was my first reward. it still hurt, but Alan, the best spinning coach at Living Well conducted a superb class, it flew by. May have a beer tonight to redress the balance.
Mmmm....hadn't you got the beers in already last night as an advance on today's efforts? :wink:
www.porty.org.uk

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 16 Jan 2005, 12:23

Marya wrote:Mmmm....hadn't you got the beers in already last night as an advance on today's efforts? :wink:
Do you think men are all the same?

foxy
Posts: 2055
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 09:04
Location: wherever I lay my hat

Post by foxy » 16 Jan 2005, 12:25

Porty wrote:
Marya wrote:Mmmm....hadn't you got the beers in already last night as an advance on today's efforts? :wink:
Do you think men are all the same?
Definitely not...some carry umbrellas :roll:

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 16 Jan 2005, 12:55

Porty wrote:
Marya wrote:Mmmm....hadn't you got the beers in already last night as an advance on today's efforts? :wink:
Do you think men are all the same?
Just drawing a conclusion from this post of yours :roll:
This subject came up in the Ormelie last night and it brought about a bit of a heated debate.
Of course, maybe I leaped to totally the wrong conclusion and you were on Pernod instead..............

Anyway, I know you're different from most men Porty- you wear pink shirts. :lol:
www.porty.org.uk

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 16 Jan 2005, 13:04

Jamesie wrote: Between May 2003 and July 2004 I lost 3.5 stones
That's one heck of an achievement Jamesie. How did you manage it?
www.porty.org.uk

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 16 Jan 2005, 13:06

I was just looking for a straightforward: Yes. :wink:

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 16 Jan 2005, 13:26

Yes,butnobut,well,yes,butnobut,....
Image
www.porty.org.uk

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Post by ecm » 16 Jan 2005, 13:31

Marya wrote:
Jamesie wrote: Between May 2003 and July 2004 I lost 3.5 stones
That's one heck of an achievement Jamesie. How did you manage it?
I'll wager it had something to do with either eating less and moving around more, giving up the bevvy or being in lurve????

:lol: :wink:

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Post by ecm » 16 Jan 2005, 13:32

Marya wrote:Yes,butnobut,well,yes,butnobut,....
Image
She could be his sister you know. What with the penchant for wearing pink and that. :wink:

foxy
Posts: 2055
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 09:04
Location: wherever I lay my hat

Post by foxy » 16 Jan 2005, 14:04

ecm wrote:
Marya wrote:Yes,butnobut,well,yes,butnobut,....
Image
She could be his sister you know. What with the penchant for wearing pink and that. :wink:
Astonishing likeness...I know who he is now :twisted:

User avatar
Sandra
Posts: 3376
Joined: 17 Nov 2003, 16:50
Location: Portobello

Post by Sandra » 16 Jan 2005, 14:20

ecm wrote:I'll wager it had something to do with either eating less and moving around more, giving up the bevvy or being in lurve????

:lol: :wink:
Being in love makes me pile on the pounds! All the dinners out, ice cream, chocolate, champers etc. etc.

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Post by ecm » 16 Jan 2005, 14:23

Sandra wrote: Being in love makes me pile on the pounds! All the dinners out, ice cream, chocolate, champers etc. etc.
Hmm, it wasn't that side of being in love I was thinking of, Sandra. :wink: :wink:

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 17 Jan 2005, 20:23

Sandra wrote:Being in love makes me pile on the pounds! All the dinners out, ice cream, chocolate, champers etc. etc.

You're obviously not in love with the same person as me then :shock:
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Post by ecm » 17 Jan 2005, 21:24

Just back from the first of four classes for this week.

Tonight I was a "Disco Diva" for 45 minutes.:shock:

Most of us spent the time stumbling and staggering around like demented cattle with me being worst offender. I did break sweat, however, so it must have been better for me than just coming home and flopping down on the sofa.

Oh, to be co-ordinated.



:cry:

User avatar
Pal of Porty
Posts: 2136
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
Location: Old Folks Home
Contact:

Post by Pal of Porty » 17 Jan 2005, 22:11

I too had a 45 minute session at the gym but it's hard to do disco on an exercise bike. I managed to go 5 times last week so I think I am past the hardest part - getting there in the first place! :?

BTW Livingwell was mobbed with all the "New Year Resolutioners", at one point there was not one single piece of cardio equipment free! Roll on mid Feb - they have usually given in by then.
Justice delayed is justice denied.

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Post by ecm » 17 Jan 2005, 22:16

5 times a week! :shock:

How impressive is that.:wink:

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 17 Jan 2005, 22:21

Well done ECM lets hope you hit all four. Im still spinning and have managed 8 classes since January 5th.

ecm
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jun 2003, 11:34

Post by ecm » 17 Jan 2005, 22:22

Porty wrote:Well done ECM lets hope you hit all four.
I was practically on all fours at the end of the session tonight! :lol:

User avatar
Pal of Porty
Posts: 2136
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 13:41
Location: Old Folks Home
Contact:

Post by Pal of Porty » 17 Jan 2005, 23:28

ecm wrote:5 times a week! :shock: How impressive is that.:wink:
I have not been trying to kill myself though. Just being sensible and doing a bit more each time I visit. Once I can do a really good session I will cut down on the number of times I attend the gym. Make sense? :?
Justice delayed is justice denied.

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 21 Jan 2005, 17:38

Porty wrote:On all 3 occasions he does this thing at the end of the class where he makes you imagine that you are a team (Totally pointless as its a personal challenge) He then says that you are lying 4th in the Olympics and you have to try really hard to get Gold. You catch up with the 3rd team and overtake, then the second but you can't quite overtake them for ages, until finally: just as the music ends you pip them at the post and take Gold. :cheers:

The guy was really pleased with his class and i don't blame him but i could not resist going up at the end, putting on an eager, excited disposition and saying "That was brilliant, do you think we will win the Gold again next week?" Hopefully he will see the funny side...
So, I waited, it would have been with bated breath but I was totally paggered. I thought; surely after my comments last week we wont be going for Gold again this week...........

Sadly, i was mistaken. He urged us us to "Thnk about the Race".... "Think about the Gold Medal" (he is fu****g serious)

Anyway we won the Gold again. I didn't want to say anything but we only won because i saw a stronger team drop out when one of their riders wheels clipped another and they had a tumble.

Quiite frankly I am miffed at my fellow POL members, I win a Gold Medal every week and not a single bit of congratulation comes my way. Chris Hoy got a whole thread. :cry:

Post Reply